Summarized actions to optimally use SSD storage drive with Windows 7 and Windows 10 for the longest possible life of the SSD.
- Disable automatic page file management and manually allocate a fixed-sized page file whose size is double the amount of RAM on the computer
- Disable the "Windows Search" search indexer service
- Disable the "SysMain" service (this was called the "Superfetch" service in earlier versions of Windows before Microsoft changed the name to "SysMain")
- Delete the search index file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb
- Turn off hibernation: from a privileged command prompt, execute the command "powercfg.exe /h off"
- Make sure the TRIM function of SSD ATA interface is enabled. From a privileged command prompt, enter the command "fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify". If the result is not 0, force the behavior to 0 using "fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0".
That's it. Your SSD will last longer now.